Re: [Evolution] Processes still running after logging out

On Mon, 2007-09-03 at 14:52 +0800, Murray Trainer wrote:
Why would the clock applet still be running after the user logs out?

Also, I'm using KDE (so no gnome-panel) and have the same problem as
Murray.

poc

Glad I'm not the only one with this issue.  We are using KDE as well so
I don't think gnome panel is running.

Alternatively, is there anyone running Evolution 2.10.1 under KDE not
having processes hanging around after logout?  If so, a list of
relevant rpm versions would be helpful.

I find it highly unlikely that it's the clock still running that's
keeping things going.

Since it seems that people having this problem are running KDE, I think
the simplest explanation is that the Gnome system sends a message to
things like e-d-s when the user logs out (I don't know how: using d-bus
or something maybe) telling it that the user logged out, then e-d-s
stops.

If you're not running Gnome base infrastructure, then this message is
not sent and e-d-s is not stopped.

All the above is pure guesswork on my part (since I do use Gnome, not
KDE, this issue doesn't affect me).  However, it seems to fit the
reported behavior.

What would be nice is if the freedesktop folks created a standard for
window manager behaviors that included log out messages, so that all
desktops could send them and all apps could receive them, regardless of
which desktop they were designed for.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith gnu org>          Find some GNU make tips at:
 http://www.gnu.org                      http://make.mad-scientist.us