Re: [Evolution] Processes still running after logging out

On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 11:43 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 07:05 -0700, Nathan Owens wrote:
--- Murray Trainer <mtrainer central-data net> wrote:

Hi,

I have installed the latest versions of evolution,
evolution-data-server, evolution-webcal and evolution-exchange from the
URL below:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/GNOME:/STABLE/openSUSE_10.2/i586/

I have also installed gconf2, gnome-panel, gtkhtml2, libbonobo, and
linbonoboui from the same source.  I am getting bonobo-activation-server
and evolution-data-server processes still running after a user logs out.
Are there any other related rpm's I might need to upgrade to resolve
this issue?

This is most likely happening because the Clock applet in gnome-panel is still
using those processes. If the Clock applet would release it's reference of
those processes, they would exit (I've seen it happen).

Why would the clock applet still be running after the user logs out?

Also, I'm using KDE (so no gnome-panel) and have the same problem as
Murray.

Actually there's a slight qualification. I was having the problem when
running KDE under gdm. I changed gdm to kdm and the bonobo-related part
of the problem seems to have gone, though I still get e-d-s running
after logging out.

poc