Re: [Evolution] [evolution] Failed to read a valid greeting

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 08:57 -0500, tom wrote:
On Tue, 2007-23-10 at 09:35 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 08:13 -0500, tom wrote:
Yeah, sometimes it a few times per-minute.  I have a few accounts.

Actually looking again mine is _slightly_ different since it's an IMAP
account.  I get messages that say things like "unexpected response from
server: Success" and other odd things.

I'll try to keep a catalog of what's going on.

I'm using IMAPS if that makes a difference.

Yeah, I've always got the "valid greeting" error.

I just set some of my accounts to check for new mail less frequently and
the error is gone (for the last 15 minutes) so I'll keep my fingers
crossed.  I should probably request a bug.

isn't it the server giving a message and then Evo dutifully passing that
on? i'd not like it if my IMAP server said "mailbox full" and Evo didn't
pass that on.