Re: [Evolution] [evolution] Failed to read a valid greeting

Yes, I get EXACTLY the same thing from my IMAP server!  Oddly enough I
never get it from my POP3 server.

It doesn't seem to happen to me as often as it does to you; in fact I
don't think I've ever had it happen while I'm sitting and working at my
desktop.  But if I go away for a while, I invariably have one of these
announcements when I get back.

As with you, I've never actually had a problem downloading mail when I
use "Send / Receive" or automatically download mail.

Yeah, sometimes it a few times per-minute.  I have a few accounts.

I'll just have to try random troubleshooting.