Re: [Evolution] [evolution] Failed to read a valid greeting

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 06:26 -0500, tom wrote:
Every few minutes this error pops up.  It can happen from to any one
of the four domains I get mail from.

http://www.wurdock.com/error.png

It is becoming very frustrating.

My mail server is a SME Server.  Perhaps the problem is in my mail
server, but I get ALL my mail downloaded successfully.

Yes, I get EXACTLY the same thing from my IMAP server!  Oddly enough I
never get it from my POP3 server.

It doesn't seem to happen to me as often as it does to you; in fact I
don't think I've ever had it happen while I'm sitting and working at my
desktop.  But if I go away for a while, I invariably have one of these
announcements when I get back.

As with you, I've never actually had a problem downloading mail when I
use "Send / Receive" or automatically download mail.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith gnu org>          Find some GNU make tips at:
 http://www.gnu.org                      http://make.mad-scientist.us