Re: [Evolution] Contact CSV export

I'm having a similar problem:

I want to copy an address book from one system (running an older version of
evolution)
to the current Ubuntu-based evolution.  I tried this, in the hope that the
exporter would look
in the current directory (It would be nicer, I think, if I could merely
point the exporter at a directory):

   mount olddiskblah /mnt       # mount old system with old evolution files.
   cd /mnt/home/me
   addressbook-export --format=csv --output=book.csv

I got the same failure that  Andrew reports below.

It would also be VERY nice if I could import multiple (and let ME pick
them!) saved mail files
at once, and have them MERGED with any extant files of the same name, rather
than
overwriting them. Importing one file at a time is unpleasant.

So, two questions:
- how can I get a copy of my address book copied into my new system?
- Is there any hope on the import merge-and-multiple-files front?

Thanks.
Robert

andrewlgreig wrote:

Hi,

Caleb Marcus wrote:
I just googled it, which I know I should have done before I posted to
the list, and found that I can use the evolution-addressbook-export
--forrmat=csv command to do it... but it seems to segfault after the
first contact is exported.