Re: [Evolution] Evolution fails to load folder list

On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 10:29 -0800, Rehceb Rotkiv wrote:
The folder list of my IMAP account shows "Loading...", but nothing seems to
happen. All toolbar icons except for "New" and "Cancel" are greyed out. When
I hit cancel, nothing happens. With other accounts, it's the same. I already
tried renaming my ~/.evolution directory and reinstalling the Evolution
package (version 2.6.3 from Debian Etch repositories).

Evo stores stuff in several directories, not just .evolution. See
http://www.go-evolution.org/FAQ#How_can_I_completely_backup_evolution.3F

 There is just one
error message on the terminal:

libnm_glib_nm_state_cb: dbus returned an error.
(org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown) The name
org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files

At a guess it looks like a distro installation problem rather than
something specific to Evo. You might check if dbus-daemon is running.

Could this be related to the problem? What should I try next? Does Evolution
have some kind of log file, or is it possible to get more verbose terminal
output?

You can get loads of debug info:

        CAMEL_DEBUG=1 evolution <args>

poc