[Evolution] Evolution fails to load folder list

The folder list of my IMAP account shows "Loading...", but nothing seems to
happen. All toolbar icons except for "New" and "Cancel" are greyed out. When
I hit cancel, nothing happens. With other accounts, it's the same. I already
tried renaming my ~/.evolution directory and reinstalling the Evolution
package (version 2.6.3 from Debian Etch repositories). There is just one
error message on the terminal:

libnm_glib_nm_state_cb: dbus returned an error.
(org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown) The name
org.freedesktop.NetworkManager was not provided by any .service files

Could this be related to the problem? What should I try next? Does Evolution
have some kind of log file, or is it possible to get more verbose terminal
output?

With best regards,
Rehceb