[Evolution] JESCS connector read-only?

I can't tell if this is a problem on my end or the normal behavior of
the connector, but should the JESCS connector be able to write to a
calendar on the server?  I have a JES Communications Suite install that
appears to otherwise be working fine, and I can write to my calendar
from the web client, Thunderbird+Lightning and from the Outlook
connector.   With Evolution, I can see all my calendar entries from the
server but I cannot add or edit anything.  I've tried current and latest
Evolution+connector on linux as well as the "native" Mail+Calendar app
on Solaris 10, and all behave the same way...

Is anyone using the connector?  Can you write to your calendars?  Are
there actually some docs on it somewhere?

Evo versions: 2.12, 2.21. 2.4? (Not sure on the sol 10 version)
JESC Connector: 2.12, 2.21. ?   "
On Debian linux from .debs and from source, and on Solaris 10 x86

-Mike