[Evolution] 2.8.1 problem

I am running an older version on Evolution on my desktop machine, version 2.0.2,
which runs under Redhat WS Rel4.  On the older version I setup a spool account
called SavedMail.  These are the specs:

     Server Type:     Standard Unix mbox spool or directory

This Mail directory contains numerous subdirectories where I store saved mail
based on topic, person, location, etc.

On my laptop I want to duplicate the same under Evolution 2.8.1 running on
Ubuntu
Linux 6.10 - the Edgy Eft.  When I go into the Edit menu and select Preferences
I get the option to add new spool account.  Seems pretty much identical.  I
select
Add to start the definition then select the same Server Type of "Standard Unix
mbox
or directory".  Under Configuration I select Path and this is where the trouble
begins.  All I want is to pick the same Path as above, /home/<userid>/Mail where
have 500MB of directories and files I transferred from my desktop.  I type in
the path
and all it wants is for me to open the subdirectories.  What is wrong?  Do I
have to
select an empty directory and then move my data into it?

Thanks!