Re: [Evolution] Evolution hanging

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Kevin B. O'Brien wrote:

I ma having a problem with Evolution hanging on me periodically (2-3
times a week). It is always displaying a message on the bottom that says
"Fetching mail...". Can anyone suggest a way to figure out what the
problem is, and even better, to fix it?

Check if spamassassin is running a process that it not returning. Look in the process table (or run "top" and look for "spamc".)

That is what caused hangs for me with Evolution.

--
"Invoking the supernatural can explain anything, and hence explains nothing."
                  - University of Utah bioengineering professor Gregory Clark