Re: [Evolution] CalDAV - any successes out there

Jules Colding wrote:
On Sat, 2007-02-17 at 00:04 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Fri, 2007-02-16 at 23:49 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:

You can use OWA (the "real" one or evolution-exchange), POP3, IMAP or
MAPI. The CLA doesn't care and you have to pay the exact same license
fee independent of which one you use.

Hum, I wonder if it is possible to over access the OWA server and use up the available local licenses. I had an issue with Evolution Connector and was accused of taking down the OWA server. I guess I will have to try it again. :)

This is of course useless for free software projects. However people
have been trying to reverse-engineer MAPI wire protocol, with varying
degrees of success (it appears to be intentionally obfuscated). Thus for
example the "standard" (non-Brutus) Exchange plugin for Evo is
independant of MS.

Brutus is wrapping native MAPI. The server does therefore needs MAPI to
be present on the server box. Brutus is independent of MS, yes, but
certainly not of MAPI which it is "merely" making available for FOSS
clients on almost any platform.

I was reading that Openchange now has a libmapi available so this could make access much better.

http://www.openchange.org/

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.