Re: [Evolution] Need focus on Exchange (was Re: CalDAV - any successes out there)

Hi Nystrom,
On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 10:12 -0800, Per Nystrom wrote:
On Mon, 2007-02-26 at 04:46 -0700, Veerapuram Varadhan wrote:

Not sure of your metrics.  If you are going by the amount of commits in
the evolution-exchange module in SVN - your metrics are wrong.

I was going by the bugs opened and resolved in the Evolution Connector
section of bugzilla.gnome.org.

Reading some of the later posts here, it seems like maybe bug handling
wasn't so much dropped as just skipped for release 2.8.x.  It sounds
like you're making great strides in 2.9.x and the SVN tree, but that
doesn't really help those of us that "upgraded" to the 2.8.x version
that was packaged with FC6 and Ubuntu 6.10, and are now having serious
issues.

The problem I'm having in 2.8.3 with calendar appointments (see bug
394473) not saving on Exchange is severe enough that I tried to
downgrade my FC6 installation with the FC5 evo- srpms but they won't
compile (and there's probably other special dependency hells that I've
yet to even see on that path).  So now I'm probably going to downgrade
the entire system to FC5 just to so I have something that I can rely on
for email and calendar.

I like a lot of the changes to evo that I've seen in 2.8.3.  I might
even try to run 2.9.x if I can find SRPMs that compile on my box before
resorting to a downgrade.  But the bottom line is I need to be able to
do my day-to-day work also, and the problem I'm having in 2.8.3 is
killing my productivity.ou
You can do the following to fix the problem. Get the patch for timezone
update from http://bugzilla.gnome.org/attachment.cgi?id=83954. You can
apply the patch in you install area where the timezone information for
evolution-data-server is present. You can find the location of zoneinfo
by
$ rpm -ql evolution-data-server |grep zoneinfo
It would be under /opt/gnome/share/evolution-data-server-1.8/

Go to that directory and apply the patch
$ cd /opt/gnome/share/evolution-data-server-1.8/
$ patch -p0 <~/timezone_update.diff
Check if its applied properly.
Do a evolution force shutdown
$ evolution-2.8 --force-shutdown

Things should start working fine with appointments.

thanks, Chenthill.