Re: [Evolution] organization of mail by date

On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 08:59 -0400, Dinbandhu wrote:
On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 06:39 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 10:54 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 22:45 -0400, Dinbandhu wrote:
I just want to be able to list ALL the letters according to the date
they arrived. The letters should simply be organized in date order--
without any attention given to WHO the letter came from. Is this not
possible in Evolution?

Works on Mine.. Are you "grouping the threads?" Crtl-T?
Sounds very much so..

Also, to sort in received order, right-click on the column headers in
the message list and add a column for Received. The default date Evo
uses is the Sent date, which can be unreliable as it depends on the
sender's clock.

poc

This is also a very useful tip--I'll certainly use it. But I don't think
I was able to do it correctly yet for some reason. When I right-click on
the column headers in the message list, there is one option in the
pop-up screen for "sort"-- and when you highlight that option, there are
a whole bunch of options for how to sort the mail. I assume it is this
list to which you refer when you suggest to opt for "Received". And I
tried opting for that one. But when I did, then no such extra column was
added with the name "Received". The screen remained the same
three-column screen with "From", "Subject", and "Date". Do I need to do
something more to make the "Received" column visible on the screen?

No, you right-click on the column headers, select the option that says
"Add a Column", then choose Recieved from the list presented and drag it
to the position you want in the column headers row. Then click on the
header to sort. You can of course also remove the normal Date column if
it takes up too much space.

poc