Re: [Evolution] organization of mail by date

On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 06:39 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 10:54 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 22:45 -0400, Dinbandhu wrote:
I just want to be able to list ALL the letters according to the date
they arrived. The letters should simply be organized in date order--
without any attention given to WHO the letter came from. Is this not
possible in Evolution?

Works on Mine.. Are you "grouping the threads?" Crtl-T?
Sounds very much so..

Also, to sort in received order, right-click on the column headers in
the message list and add a column for Received. The default date Evo
uses is the Sent date, which can be unreliable as it depends on the
sender's clock.

poc

This is also a very useful tip--I'll certainly use it. But I don't think
I was able to do it correctly yet for some reason. When I right-click on
the column headers in the message list, there is one option in the
pop-up screen for "sort"-- and when you highlight that option, there are
a whole bunch of options for how to sort the mail. I assume it is this
list to which you refer when you suggest to opt for "Received". And I
tried opting for that one. But when I did, then no such extra column was
added with the name "Received". The screen remained the same
three-column screen with "From", "Subject", and "Date". Do I need to do
something more to make the "Received" column visible on the screen?
Thanks,
Swarup