Re: [Evolution] Offline Evolution switched online when NIC changes
- From: Ritesh Khadgaray <khadgaray gmail com>
- To: Steinar Bang <sb dod no>
- Cc: evolution-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Offline Evolution switched online when NIC changes
- Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 11:06:37 +0530
On Sun, 2007-06-17 at 16:22 +0200, Steinar Bang wrote:
After upgrading from Ubuntu Dapper to Ubuntu Feisty (a reinstall,
actually), the behaviour of Evolution (with exchange folders) changed:
An offline Evolution is switched online when the wired NIC is plugged
into a different network (or disconnected and reconnected in the same
network), or when switching from wired LAN to WLAN.
I reported it as a bug with Ubuntu
The person handling the bug thinks this is desirable, and expected,
behaviour of Evolution, which doesn't make sense to me.
Evolution checks with NetworkManager for a inet connection, and if
existent switches to "online" mode.
And if nm finds no active inet connection, it informs applications
such as evolution, evolution switches to offline mode,
This is a expected behavior from what i have read about nm and evolution
So I'll ask here:
1. is this expected behaviour of Evolution 2.10.1?
2. if this is not expected behaviour, is this a known bug with
3. if this is a known bug, is there a fix upstream?
4. if this isn't a known bug, should I file it with the gnome
bugzilla? Does it belong on evolution or evolution-exchange?
I found this, which looks releated...?
Evolution-list mailing list
Evolution-list gnome org
à ààà ààààà ààà
LinuX N Stuff
Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.
] [Thread Prev