Re: [Evolution] Junk mail

On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 08:33 -0400, Reid Thompson wrote:
On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 08:27 -0400, Patrick M. Kelecy wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion.  Yes, that would work.  I looked at options
for creating rules (I assume this is how I do it) but didn't see one
that specifically targeted junk mail.  How did you set this up?

In general,it would be nice if future versions added some options in the
mail preferences (junk tab) for doing stuff like this (delete on closing
or delete after a certain time period, etc).

Thanks,

Pat
Which version are you on?
Which OS are you on?
I'm not sure at which version it was added, but I know that current svn
has a preferences checkbox/dropdown list option to auto-delete junk
mails on exit at every exit/daily/weekly/monthly.

Edit/Preferences/Mail Preferences/Junk tab

I've found that building from svn is not too difficult.

I'm running version 2.8.3 on openSUSE 10.2 (Gnome desktop).  This
version appears not to have that option (unfortunately).  But I'm glad
to hear it's pending.  I can wait, if need be.  I'm not sure I want to
try building from svn at this point (worried I might break something in
the process).

Thanks for the feedback.  -Pat