Re: [Evolution] Junk mail

On Sun, 2007-06-10 at 10:18 +0200, Jean-Claude Tergal wrote:
2007/6/9, Patrick M. Kelecy <pkelecy insightbb com>:
Is there any way to automatically move junk mail to the Trash (or delete
it) after, say, a certain time period, or when closing down Evolution?

Hi !
You can make a filter that moves mails identified as junk into the Trash.
Then, there is an option in the preferences panel, for emptying the
Trash when closing down Evo.
That is what I'm using and it is very convenient - as long as you can
surely trust your spam analyzer !

Hope this helps,

Nicolas.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Yes, that would work.  I looked at options
for creating rules (I assume this is how I do it) but didn't see one
that specifically targeted junk mail.  How did you set this up?

In general,it would be nice if future versions added some options in the
mail preferences (junk tab) for doing stuff like this (delete on closing
or delete after a certain time period, etc).

Thanks,

Pat