Re: [Evolution] spam filtering

Daniel Gryniewicz wrote:
On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 10:00 +0200, LLLActive GMX Net wrote:
On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 11:11 -0400, Reid Thompson wrote:
Edit/Pugins -> is bogofilter plugin checked?

I have installed bogofilter and its debuginfo. It does not appear in the
Edit/Plugins.(Spamassassin is there and active)

Edit/Preferences -> pop account -> Mail Preferences -> Junk Tab -> is
'check incoming mail for junk checked', is default junk plugin set to
bogofilter?

"check incoming mail for junk" is checked, also "include remote tests".
No default plugin can be selected.

I have OpenSUSE 10.2 & Evo 2.8.2

I don't believe OpenSUSE ever had the bogofilter patch.  Bogofilter
didn't go into mainline until 2.11, so you'll have to wait for 2.12, or
find a patched evo for OpenSUSE.

Daniel

Or, I believe, you can create filters for incoming mail to have bogofilter do spam checks....
a quick google search should provide examples...

something along the lines of ...( validate that these do what you expect,, i'm quick scripting... ) create filter for incoming mail, pipe to program, where program is something like...
cat $HOME/bin/bogofiltercheck.sh

#!/bin/bash

#bogofilter -p -e  < /dev/stdin
bogofilter -p -e -u < /dev/stdin
create filters for status changes to 'not junk', 'junk' to pipe to program(s)...

cat $HOME/bin/bogofilterchecknotjunk.sh

#!/bin/bash
bogofilter  -n < /dev/stdin

cat $HOME/bin/bogofiltercheckjunk.sh