Re: [Evolution] Making the switch to Evolution

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

AFAIK the behaviour depends on the IMAP server. For example, the Cyrus
default is for the user's namespace to hang from INBOX, which is how the
CMU people apparently wanted it. The Cyrus admin can change this at
installation time (to an "anonymous root" model) but it's a system-wide
change. I don't know about Courier but I would guess it's similar.

Of course the mail client doesn't have to go along with this, but Evo
does. I guess it's the way to get consistency across multiple MUAs with
the same server.

poc

Honestly, the MUA does not have to comply, but IMAP Namespaces is a
standard. Lacking to comply with standards eventually leads to errors
and abandon in favor of a compliant MUA. If Evolution cannot deal
properly with the IMAP namespace my mailserver provides, how can i trust
it to create folder correctly and manage my mailboxes in a trustworthy way ?

regards,
Alfredo