Re: [Evolution] Making the switch to Evolution

On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 11:20 +0000, Alfredo Matos wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to make the switch over to evolution since it provides
calendar, todo, tasks and integrates with gnome. Using Evolution 2.8.1
under Ubuntu.

I am also new to Evolution (I've just been using it for a couple weeks
now), so I can't really answer any of your questions except this one,
which caught my eye:

I use a courier imap server, but Evolution ignores the INBOX. namespace
configuration i inserted, and puts everything as a subfolder of Inbox.
Is there a way around this ?

Isn't this how it is supposed to work? In the maildir format, a .
separates a folder from a subfolder. This is also how maildirs are
created if you create them with maildirmake, or if you create them from
within Evolution itself. You can read more about the maildir naming
system at http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man1/maildirmake.1.html in
the "Folders" section.

--
Evan Klitzke <eklitzke lists gmail com>