Re: [Evolution] Need focus on Exchange (was Re: CalDAV - any successes out there)

On 2/26/07, Per Nystrom <pnystrom netmagic net> wrote:
I like a lot of the changes to evo that I've seen in 2.8.3.  I might
even try to run 2.9.x if I can find SRPMs that compile on my box before
resorting to a downgrade.  But the bottom line is I need to be able to
do my day-to-day work also, and the problem I'm having in 2.8.3 is
killing my productivity.

I am in a similar situation as Per ... I'm using what came with my
distro (in this case SLED 10 and evo 2.6.0.

I have tried to update to a later version, but find myself caught in
dependency hell when I do so. And, I really don't know how to go about
compiling my own from source.

Obviously I need to learn how to do that ... but just as obviously (to
me, anyway) the maintainers of the SLED distro need to keep evo
(especially as it is so broken) much more up to date.

I have recently gotten a couple of test installations up and running,
and will (when I can find some time for it) start to play around with
compiling the 2.9.x series on SLED, to see if it can work.

Peter