Re: [Evolution] ldap

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 13:36 +0300, Ilya wrote:
As for me, it doesn't show the results, until you type something in a
Search field.

ÐÐ Mon, 19 Feb 2007 15:53:00 -0500
Phil Groschwitz <ssc1478 aim com> ÐÐÐÐÑÐÐÐ:

Does LDAP work on 2.8?

I have openldap installed, and can get to it with Luma, Kmail, and
Claws.  I don't want to use kmail or claws, though.

For the archives, I narrowed down what works and what doesn't.  In the
contacts tab, I saved an Advanced Search where the search criteria is .
(a dot) and to search e-mail addresses.  That brought in everyone in the
contacts tab.  The lookup from the new mail composer (from clicking
"To:") doesn't work unless I specify a letter that's in the first or
last name.

(That's not so good because I am looking in the lookup to make sure I
don't forget anyone. If I know their name, then autocompletion will work
without having to go into the lookup.)

I'm using evolution-2.8.0-1mdv2007.0

Phil