Re: [Evolution] Slow response

On Wed, 2007-08-22 at 15:52 +0100, Peter Saffrey wrote:
However, actually accessing the
contents is extremely slow. When I click on a folder for the first time,
it says "Scanning for changed messages" and then "Fetching summary
information for new messages". Each stage takes several minutes for each
folder, even though these folders have not changed since I last looked
at them. If I hit "send/receive" it goes through *all* the folders,
which takes about half an hour, even though I'm not actually looking at
the messages. My network monitor occasionally spikes as it does
something, but the rest of the time it seems to be idle.

I'm successfully using Evolution with Exchange. I have done some changes
though.

- I archive all emails that are older than three months.
- I have enabled off-line operation for all folders.

You can also choose not to check for new mails in all folders.

Rgds,

--
Thomas Novin <thnov xyz pp se>