Re: [Evolution] Slow response

On 22/08/2007, Peter Saffrey <pzs dcs gla ac uk> wrote:

it says "Scanning for changed messages" and then "Fetching summary
information for new messages". Each stage takes several minutes for each
folder, even though these folders have not changed since I last looked
at them. If I hit "send/receive" it goes through *all* the folders,
which takes about half an hour, even though I'm not actually looking at
the messages. My network monitor occasionally spikes as it does
something, but the rest of the time it seems to be idle.

You might want to take a look at this:
http://vvaradhan.blogspot.com/2007/06/evolution-exchange-performance-series_28.html
http://blogs.gnome.org/sragavan/2007/06/28/exchange-folder-loading-480-seconds-to-microseconds/

From what I know. a lot of effort has gone into this.. Great job Varadhan !!!

Hopefully, you'll have a better experience with Evolution 2.12 :)

Regards,
Suman