Re: [Evolution] Very serious problem with evo-exchange 2.11.5

On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 18:39 +0530, Veerapuram Varadhan wrote:
Also, do you notice any other performance issues or lock ups after
2.11.5 ?

I have to say I haven't seen my GAL lockup since I did an update to SVN
HEAD a few days ago.  I'm not sure it's completely gone since it wasn't
reproducible.  I'll keep trying it.

One thing that happened on my work system this morning when I logged out
and back in again was that beagled and Evo got into some kind of CPU
war: beagled, evolution, and evolution-exchange (and maybe the data
server, I don't remember now) were all sucking down as much CPU as they
could get.  Top showed beagled with about 80% and the evo processes with
40-60% each (this is a dual core box).

The system was still somewhat responsive, as was Evo (slower but still
there), but this went on for a good 5+ minutes before I finally got
bored and killed beagled, whereupon everything settled down.

I don't know if this is because beagled on my Ubuntu 7.04 box is still
using an older Gnome (I built and installed Evo and its libraries like
libsoup, libgtkhtml, etc. in a separate area from the system versions),
or what.  Just thought I'd raise it.

What else?  Besides the disappearing mail I still have these problems:

     A. On my work system, if I delete the last message in the inbox it
        won't auto-select the next-to-last message.  Instead no message
        is selected, then when new mail comes or anything else is done
        to the mailbox, it jumps back to select the first message.  This
        is pretty annoying as I keep having to scroll back down to the
        end.  I'm getting used to having to select the previous message
        by hand when I delete the last message, to avoid this.  I've
        tried all kinds of things, even deleting the account and
        recreating it, but I still get this.  Evo on my home system
        doesn't do this at all though!
     B. On my home system, I still have the situation where after I
        visit my local Inbox or Junk folders, I can no longer see new
        mail in my Exchange inbox; I get notified that there is new mail
        in the folder view window, but when I click on the folder no new
        mail appears in the summary window.  I have to stop/restart Evo
        to see that new mail.  Then it all works fine again until I
        select the local Inbox or Junk mail folders.

There are some minor things, like changing the paragraph style removes
the focus from the text window in the mail composer, which means I have
to click back on the spot where I want to type whenever I change the
paragraph type, which is pretty annoying.

Also, the new style for replies that adds a blank line at the top of the
email is really annoying: I never use top posting so after I hit the
reply button the first thing I have to do (if I remember) is hit the
delete key to get rid of that extra newline.

These are not so critical though.

 Paul D. Smith <psmith gnu org>          Find some GNU make tips at: