Re: [Evolution] LDAP lookups

It's not just you. I also have the same problem. It happens about every 3rd time
I try to lookup an LDAP contact from our Exchange server. Really quite annoying.
I thought it was due to the 100,000+ address on our global but maybe not?

I love Evolution since finding out years ago that I could edit my LDAP
contacts. I always blamed KDE, when I used SuSE (now Ubuntu w/gnome),
for it crashing on me when typing a recipient address with lookups to
our LDAP server (I know, laziness). But after waiting now a long time
hoping an update would fix and finding my laptop does *not* do this, it
is evident, this is a problem I must resolve myself and maybe related to
my hardware? I'm not sure how I would have installed a package on my
laptop that I don't have on my workstation, that would be good news to
fix. Hardware is really the only constant, I've done new
installs/upgrades many times :/

How can I start to track down the cause of these crashes? Seems to only
have issues with the initial lookup, DNS has checked out fine. After
opening Evo, the first time I start typing in a lookup field of the
message, it will lockup. The laptop will hesitate sometimes, but not
stop responding, I figure that is normal for the first lookup. I'll wait
sometimes eventually for it to start responding, but the lookup doesn't
work until I kill all Evo processes and start again. After the kill, I
can try two or three new messages, the first or second will not lookup,
but also not lockup, to finally get it to start looking up. Once it is
successfully, it will work flawlessly until Evo is restarted. I am
running Evolution 2.10.1 on Ubuntu Fiesty.

I was just hoping someone has had this experience in the past and knew a
possible fix.

--
Robert