Re: [Evolution] Multiple namespace support with IMAP

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 10:52 -0400, Jason Carr wrote:
On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 09:29 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sun, 2007-08-19 at 18:48 -0400, Jason Carr wrote:
My mail server is setup like this:

INBOX
 +--fruits
 +--veggies
 +--meats
cheese
 +--swiss
 +--cheddar
pizza
 +--buffalowing
 +--taco

So I can only get access to INBOX via Evolution.  I've set "Override
server-supplied folder namespace" in "Receiving Options" and left
Namespace: blank.  I've tried a variety of different options Evo can
never seem to see my cheese and pizza boxes.  I'm using IMAP for the
server type.

Is there something I can do to enable this behavior?

Why are you setting "Override server-supplied namespace" if the server
is set up the way you want? Works for me, using a Cyrus server and *not*
setting this option.

poc

Okay, I unchecked the option and restarted Evolution.  I go into the
Folder Subscriptions and I only see Inbox and the folders underneith
Inbox.

I'm also using Cyrus...

As an experiment, I tried creating a subfolder of INBOX, but got an
error message saying that INBOX could not contain subfolders. I know my
server is configured to support the "anonymous root" model rather than
the default Cyrus "INBOX root" model, so that may explain the
difference.

Can you see your folder hierarchy with other IMAP clients, e.g.
Thunderbird? Also, you don't say what version of Evo you have.

poc