Re: [Evolution] LDAP lookups

Hi,

On Mo, 2007-08-20 at 10:19 -0400, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
I love Evolution since finding out years ago that I could edit my LDAP
contacts. I always blamed KDE, when I used SuSE (now Ubuntu w/gnome),
for it crashing on me when typing a recipient address with lookups to
our LDAP server (I know, laziness). But after waiting now a long time
hoping an update would fix and finding my laptop does *not* do this, it
is evident, this is a problem I must resolve myself and maybe related to
my hardware?
Actually I have seen this on bugzilla e.g. in bug 274240 or bug 309128
or bug 379821. There might be others as well.

How can I start to track down the cause of these crashes?
A good start would be to install packages with debug symbols, so that
you get meaningful stacktraces of the crash :)

If you have a neat stacktrace you can file a bug with the stacktrace
attached. If you even want to put off some load of the bugmasters then
try to find duplicates in bugzilla first before posting to bug :o)

Cheers,
  Muelli