Re: [Evolution] How to write in letters that have come in the In-Box

On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 10:46 -0400, George Reeke wrote:
On Fri, 2007-08-17 at 09:56 +0530, ritz wrote:
Hello

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 21:34 -0400, Dinbandhu wrote:
On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 21:11 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

I would support a facility for annotations (or memos if you prefer) as
long as it can be done in a cross-platform way.

------------Rest of message clipped------------------

Memos and annotations won't do it.  I want to be able to delete unwanted
attachments, delete html copies of plain text email, delete earlier
contributions to a thread that I have already stored in the same folder,
etc. etc.

I appreciate that this can only reasonably be done with downloaded
emails ala POP3 as O'Callaghan already noted.  Since having this
facility is a key reason for continuing to use POP3,  I respectfully
disagree with those posters who believe the same facilities should
be supported for all server protocols.

I must also respectfully agree with George Reeke here. For those of us
using POP3, the ability to fully manage and have flexibility with the
mail is a major reason for the POP3 choice. I'm not sure whether having
annotations would represent a step in the right direction or create
obstacles to the real change which would be needed-- that is, to have
full flexibility for the editing of incoming mail.

Swarup