Re: [Evolution] How to write in letters that have come in the In-Box

On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 21:11 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

I would support a facility for annotations (or memos if you prefer) as
long as it can be done in a cross-platform way.

However in a larger sense, this kind of discussion illustrates that the
traditional view of email is coming under strain. For many people, their
email store is where they conveniently keep and index all kinds of
random information, and I think MUAs are falling behind in supporting
this usefully. Time to invent Email-2.0?

I would like to know, do most other modern e-mail programs offer this
facility of editing in-coming mail, or not? Linux-based, Windows-based,
Mac-based-- whatever it may be, what is the current norm among most
e-mail programs? Does Thunderbird offer it, does Outlook offer it, does
Eudora offer it?

Since my ancient Eudora software dating back to 1997 offers it, I
presumed that other, more current software must as well. What is the
usual facility in other current programs in this regard?

- Swarup