Re: [Evolution] moving evolution (calendar) to a new user

At Wed, 15 Aug 2007 08:17:54 +0200 Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com> wrote:

        Hello Allan,
try copy also your setup from
~/.gconf/apps/evolution

and maybe a passwords from
~/.gnome2_private/Evolution
(but if you don't use passwords, then that should be empty.)

because of playing with files, be sure you've closed your gconf daemon:
gconf-tool2 --shutdown

It's always better to backup files before you overwrite them with your
old setup, just to be sure you've chance to go back when something goes
wrong.

        Hope that helps,
        Milan

Thanks very much.  This was what was needed.  I had moved
.gconf/apps/evolution, but did not shutdown gconf-tool2 (I did
remember to force-shutdown evolution).

After a later reboot, everything worked--but I didn't know why.
Thanks for explaining it.

allan