[Evolution] moving evolution (calendar) to a new user

Something is screwed up with my user after upgrading gnome on gentoo
(basically no gnome app starts).

While I am figuring it out, I created a new user and everything works.
So I copied over my gnucash directory and all is well for gnucash.

I copied .evolution and the contacts and tasks work fine.  I don't use
evo for mail, but the calendar is important for me (and thanks for
developing such a good one).  I have several classes of appointments
(travel, financial, etc), but it seems only the misc show up.

Where is the information stored about the various classes and the
colors for each of them?  It doesn't seem to be in ~/.evolution.

thanks,
allan