[Evolution] Problem(s) connecting with OWA MS Exchange Server 2003

I am using Evolution 2.8.2 running in 32-bit SuSE 10.2 and am having
problems making a connection with our Outlook Web Access(OWA) component
of MS Exchange 2003.

When I log into OWA I go to the following URL
"https://webmail.nebraska.gov/exchweb/bin/auth/owalogon.asp?url="">://webmail.nebraska.gov/Exchange/&reason=1".
I then for a user name enter, "son\lgezra" and then enter my password.

However, when I try to apply these settings to Evolution using
instructions found on the Novell website I have problems. I have tried
using both the full URL listed above as well as just,
"
https://webmail.nebraska.gov/Exchange/".

When I try to log onto the Exchange server in Evolution using,
"https://webmail.nebraska.gov/Exchange/" for an address and
"son\lgezra" I get an error window that says,
"Error while Scanning folders in "Exchange server
mail.son.nebraska.gov". Could not connect to Evolution Exchange backend
process: Please restart Evolution".
When I press "Get Email" in the Evolution toolbar I get a window that
says "Enter password for son/lgezra mail son nebraska gov"

Shouldn't it be requesting a password for "son/lgezra" as that is my
OWA userid? My email address is also louis ezra nebraska gov, not lgezra mail son nebraska gov.

In addition to the above, Evolution frequently crashes when I am trying
to connect or configure settings.

What's up? All useful advice, (sage or noob) would highly appreciated.

Oh also, I've modified the above OWA URL and my email to maintain
anonymity.

--
LouisEzra