Re: [Evolution] Attaching images - auto resize.

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 10:15 +1000, Kye Macdonald wrote:
Hello All,

Tony Brow mentioned this one already about resizing images through
Evolution.  While I realise this isn't the job of the mail client per
se, but from a users perspective (especially a windows migrator) the
ability of evolution to resize images would be a big plus - is it
possible for Evolution to throw a warning when you have a 2 meg pic
attached and say "your sending a huge picture and about to crash
someones mailbox - would you like to resize?" and have it use GIMP or
something similar to resize.  I would have thought the plug-in aspect
of Evolution would allow this relatively easily?

This could then be extended to "your sending a huge bin file would you
like to zip it?".

These aren't functions of a plain mail client but evolution is no
longer a pure mail client and usability features like this will
increase adoption.

And how about an automatic grammar checker extension and spell checker?
Say " Change your to you're?".
--
Graham Campbell <gc bnl gov>