Re: [Evolution] Evolution freezes specific pop connections?

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 12:48 -0400, Erin Spiceland wrote:

So there is no fix for the freezing yet? I'm not having trouble killing
evolution, I just want to not HAVE to kill it. I want it to work as it
is supposed to!

Erin

It seems to be a problem that many have come to accept like rebooting
windows used to be the last resort to get it to behave normally again.

What has improved was that with the Evo version that came with SuSE 9.x,
I had the problem that Evo caused extreme disk access and the whole
system had to wait till it stopped the system lock-down. It mostly did
not; I had to get to a Ctrl-Alt-Fx session and log in as root to kill
Evo. Often I had to shut down/restart with Ctrl-Alt-Del, because the
login sometimes took indefinitely long but a reboot solved the
problem ... rather like M$ I fear ...

:-)
Al