Re: [Evolution] Synchronizing desktop and laptop

Hello Michael,

I just saw your email in the Gmane archive. If I had been subscribed I
would have replied earlier. Well, better late than never...

Michael Ekstrand wrote:
I've also tried SyncEvolution and ScheduleWorld, but that continually
wrecked my evolution address book displays as it stripped all evolution
custom data from the vcard's and Evolution was therefore unhappy.

There are some known limitations due to the fact that ScheduleWorld
stores the contacts in an LDAP scheme which is less capable than vCard.
They are listed on the SyncEvolution compatibility page ("does not
distinguish between different emails", "the order of email addresses and
phone numbers in the Evolution GUI is not preserved").

Are these the problems that made it unusable for you? If yes, then I
guess we need to lobby Mark to extend the LDAP scheme, if no, then you
might have found an unknown problem and I'd be very interested to hear
more about it.

--
Bye, Patrick Ohly