RE: [Evolution] Synchronising mailboxes

Evo deletes messages from the server when you expunge them. Otherwise
they're just marked for deletion so you can undelete them if you want.
This is how IMAP is supposed to work. IMAP is explicitly *not* meant
keep multiple clients in synch with each other.

If my understanding of how IMAP works, when one deletes (not expunges)
or replies to a message, the message on the server gets its 'flags'
updated. This change in state of a message is not reflected on other Evo
clients but is on OutLook, have MS got it wrong again ?  If so, it would
be great if Evo had the same bug/behaviour.

If a message has been deleted by Client A running evo, I would like it
to dissappear (be hidden) the next time Evo checks for messages. At the
moment the check would seem to only be for new messages rather than
changes in state of old ones.

On the assumption that others don't see the same behaviour, the IMAP
server is dovecot running on FC4.

Glen.