Re: [Evolution] Lots of questions

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 21:28 +0200, DaffyDuke wrote:
Hello,

Le lundi 08 mai 2006 Ã 10:43 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan a Ãcrit :
headers of every message in every folder you subscribe to, it needs to
be able to create local files even if it's not reading the message
bodies. Even a moderately large folder could easily use up the 224
inodes you have left. All you can do is turn off the message preview
pane (View->Message Preview or Ctrl-M) which will prevent fetching
bodies until you explicitly open a message, and/or unsubscribe any
folders you don't really need.

Ptouh ! Very strange.

Not really. One of the strengths of Evo is very fast searching, so it
keeps lots of local indices and caches whatever it can.

Thunderbird doesn't proceed like that ?

No idea. I only use Thunderbird very occasionally.

However 3 and 4 are only palliatives. If you use Evo seriously you are
definitely going to run into this problem again.

Yes, but i would be glad evo run without fetching headers and read them
when needed only :-(

Can't be done AFAIK.

Thanks a lot , I'll try another filesystem (ext3 now).

And what about other questions, any idea ?

I have no clue about Exchange. I've never used it and I hope never to
have to use it. I realize other people do have to use it because of
corporate policy and it's an important selling point that Evo supports
it, but I'm glad not to have anything to do with it; all I can offer is
sympathy :-)

Your questions on TLS, Multisync and UTF sound similar to others that
have been asked in the last 6 months or so. Try searching the list
archives on
http://gmane.org/info.php?group=gmane.comp.gnome.evolution.general

Salut

poc