Re: [Evolution] Lots of questions

Hello,

Le lundi 08 mai 2006 à 10:43 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan a écrit :

[...]

Note that you can keep your Drafts folder on the IMAP server
(Edit->Preferences>->Mail Accounts-><account>->Defaults). I do this so I
can work on a draft from more than one location.

I already have this parameter but evolution need to write a lock while
reading any mail.

What's probably affecting you is running out of Inodes rather than
running out of space (though space is also low). Since Evo caches

Yes, it's an inode problem, cf my df commands this morning.

headers of every message in every folder you subscribe to, it needs to
be able to create local files even if it's not reading the message
bodies. Even a moderately large folder could easily use up the 224
inodes you have left. All you can do is turn off the message preview
pane (View->Message Preview or Ctrl-M) which will prevent fetching
bodies until you explicitly open a message, and/or unsubscribe any
folders you don't really need.

Ptouh ! Very strange. Thunderbird doesn't proceed like that ?

Your other options are (in order of preference):

1) Get a bigger disk; 1.2G is *so* 1990's :-)

Lol ! Why not, but the most interest of IMAP is to not store mail
locally.

2) Move .evolution to another existing local filesystem with more space
and leave a symbolic link in your home directory.

I already did that. For now, there are not enough inodes ....

3) Dump the /home filesystem to a backup medium, mkfs /home with more
inodes, and restore. I would guess you have a lot of small files so the
default number of inodes is probably not enough. See mkfs(8).

Hum ! Intersting .

4) Dump /home as before and mkfs /home with a filesystem that assigns
inodes on demand, such as ReiserFS.

OK

However 3 and 4 are only palliatives. If you use Evo seriously you are
definitely going to run into this problem again.

Yes, but i would be glad evo run without fetching headers and read them
when needed only :-(

Thanks a lot , I'll try another filesystem (ext3 now).

And what about other questions, any idea ?

Daffy,

--

DaffyDuke     [ jabber daffy alternc net | msn daffyduke no-log org ]
Logiciels Libres http://clx.anet.fr/ | Hébergement http://lautre.net/