Re: [Evolution] exchange connector

On Sun, 2006-05-07 at 19:20 -0400, K.S. Bhaskar wrote:
I see exactly the same behavior when I try
https://exchange-server/exchange/ks.bhaskar with the x1234567 style
userid.  Strangely enough, when I use ximian-connector-setup-2.6, it
sets up the account perfectly, but evolution is then unable to access it.

        I seem to be having a "similar" problem.  Not exactly the same but damn
similar in the same damn area.

        Run through ximian-connector-setup-2.6 and it seems to set up
everything correctly...  Except...  It drops the https (which is
mandatory for my installation) and, when I look at the account, it gives
me a url of "http://exchange-server/exchange/pgpkeys"; (my ID and mailbox
is "mhw").  I was going NUTS trying to figure out where that "pgpkeys"
was coming from.

        I think I finally figured out that I have a global distribution list,
pgpkeys, in the Exchange server that I "own" and, somehow, the connector
is picking that up as my mailbox.  This is fundamentally brain damaged
behavior.  It's wrong.  Somehow, the connector is misinterpreting what
it's getting back from the Exchange server and thinking it's a mailbox
when it's not.

        If I try and "fix it" in the edit Accounts, if I change ANYTHING on
that URL, the OK button is grayed out and I can't get past it.  I can
authenticate my account (once I chance the URL to https and fix that
path) till I'm blue in the face but I never get the OK button back and I
can not save the correct values.  Where is the "DO AS I SAY" button?
The connector is wrong and I know the exact values that are correct but
I haven't found the mechanism to ram it down it's silly throat.  I've
even tried using the gconf editor tool to edit the accounts and can't
get the connector to stop its dain bramaged behavior.

        My son is also on the same Exchange server where we work.  His account
and user id do align (and he doesn't "own" any global distribution
lists) and he's able to work past the http/https problem by merely
changing "http" to "https" and then clicking "Ok" (if he clicks
"Authenticate", he's screwed again).  I don't get that option and
"pgpkeys" is not a valid mailbox, so I'm just plain screwed.

        Somewhere, there needs to be a button that basically says I know what
I'm doing and the information is correct and accept it no matter what
you THINK is right because you are wrong!  Either don't gray out the
damn "Ok" button and accept all values, whether the app thinks they are
"correct" or not, or give us an "override" button.  The application is
getting its guesses wrong.  Take the information we are giving it and
accept it.  If we're wrong, we get an error and we go fix it.  As it is
now, we're in a catch-22 that makes it impossible to make it work.

        Mike

-- Bhaskar

Eustace, Glen wrote:

I have already sent the results of this to this list several months ago
but in the spirit of co-operation and trying to get it sorted, I have
repeated the tests.  This is on 2.6 on an FC5 platform but I get the
same on 2.4 on FC4

1. Define server type to be MS Exchange
2. On receiving mail tab, enter
   UserId: geustace
3. Select authenticate
4. Password dialogue asks for password for geustace
5. After OK, no errors but the main dialogue OK remains greyed out
6. Select authenticate again
7. Password dialogue now asks for password for G.Eustace ( which is
wrong )
5. After OK, an error dialogue is displayed could not authenitacte to
server.

At this stage, no further progress is possible.
Please note well !! This used to work great, the code was changed
somewhere between 2.0 and 2.4 and that broke it. Can you not look at the
code and see what was changed ?

Glen.