Re: [Evolution] Old guy's calendar printout?

Hi Iain:

On Sun, 2006-18-06 at 09:40 +0800, Iain Buchanan wrote:
On Sat, 2006-06-17 at 09:23 -0400, James White wrote:
On Fri, 2006-06-16 at 16:10 -0400, William Case wrote:
Is there a way to use Evo data, on a printable form that can be added to
my Evo menu bar (or as a separate little program), that doesn't require
a huge amount of alteration to Evolution itself?

How interested are you in getting your hands dirty?  I wanted a method
of printing calendars (and todo lists) in my own custom format, so I
just used the ical format and "rolled my own" ical-to-html script.

It has been my intention for several months now to bite the bullet and
dive into the guts and gore of evolution -- as a learning experience, if
nothing else.  The usual rule in learning something (particularly
computerwise) is pick a project and dive.

I use Evolution for all my mail needs, but the printout question is a
daily annoyance.  So, I thought I would start there.

However, there may be a better solution.  There's something called
phpical (I think) which you run locally - it looks at your ical files
and creates calendars with associated todo lists.  I haven't run it for
a while, but from memory, it had a "printable" version.

Hope this helps,

I'll look at phpical as you suggest.  Any other 'getting started'
suggestions people may have would be welcome.

--
Regards Bill