Re: [Evolution] delay when sending mail

On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 17:53 -0400, Igor A. Nesterov wrote:
That almost sounds like the SMTP server is doing an ident lookup on you.

No, it's one of the corporate servers not requiring authentication. This
is why I stat thinking that the delay is due to Evolution
implementation.

Even if the server is not explicitly configured for authentication (=
e.g. SMTP-SASL) doesn't mean the server won't do and IDENT request to
your computer. These are two very different things.

I never have delays using Evolution, sending to postfix and exchange
2000 server.