From: "Paul Leyland" <pcl23 gen cam ac uk>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Evolution not working - can't find a solution!
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 09:51:31 +0100

We see this occasionally --- message-of-death we call it locally.
Almost always the m-o-d is spam in a Chinese character set.

The easiest way to deal with a m-o-d is to delete it using some other
software.  Some people prefer to fire up pine or ucbmail; I tend to use
Emacs myself.

We generally advise that spam is delivered to a folder which has the
preview pane inactive.  Very rarely is it necessary to see the contents
of a mail to determine its spamicity.  In particular, if the subject
isn't in a Roman alphabet the message is flushed instantly.   I
recognize that this heuristic isn't appropriate for everyone everywhere.

Paul

On Wed, 2006-05-31 at 17:55 -0400, evolution-list-request gnome org