Re: [Evolution] Compile

Am Freitag, den 27.01.2006, 02:37 +0100 schrieb guenther:
> > > Package libgtkhtml-3.8 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
> > > Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgtkhtml-3.8.pc'
> > > to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
> > > No package 'libgtkhtml-3.8' found
> > > configure: error: Package requirements (libgtkhtml-3.8) were not met.
> > > Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> > > installed software in a non-standard prefix.
> >
> > well, isn't this exactly the same error as with atk before? and doesn't
> > this mean that you should install gtkhtml-devel then? ;-)
>
> Well, yes I already installed it by Yast but not ver 3.8. Where can I
> get it from? I couldn't find it by google... :( Thank you!

Sure, I'd be surprised if GtkHTML 3.8.x would be provided by your
distro, given that you are building Evo 2.4.x from source because your
distro doesn't ship it, IIRC.

Evolution 2.4.x wants GtkHTML 3.8.x. It's one of the Evo "friends". See
the project page for more friends, which you need to build from source:

  http://gnome.org/projects/evolution/download.shtml
yup, okay, got it from there but while trying to install this I get:
[shell]
Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc'
Package 'gtk+-2.0', required by 'Gail', not found
configure: error: Package requirements (gail >= 1.1.0) were not met.

Alternatively you may set the GAIL_CFLAGS and GAIL_LIBS environment variables
to avoid the need to call pkg-config.  See the pkg-config man page for
more details.
reg linux:~>
[/shell]

but I installed gail 1.2.8-4 with Yast2 so I guess the path thing is not correct but how do I verify that and how do I correct it?
Thank you!

Ron