Re: [Evolution] new mail notify applet? Where?

Am Mittwoch, den 25.01.2006, 10:59 -0500 schrieb James Pifer:
> > I also looked at several mail notification programs and had a similar
> > dislike to them as the OP. I've installed the one you suggested and it
> > does look like it might fit the bill. I installed it using yum so the
> > version is mail-notification 2.0-2.fc4.
>
> how did you get it installed with yum? I didn't get it so far :(
> Thank you!

I think I just did yum install mail-notification but I'm not sure what
repo it's in. I think it might be in extras. My repos are:
hm I get this when I do it:

reg linux:~> yum install mail-notification
Server: i386 packages 9.3
Error - /var/cache/yum/i386/header.info cannot be found
Please ask your sysadmin to update the headers on this system.
reg linux:~>

what does it mean? What do I have to do, what headers?
atrpms.repo
fedora-extras-devel.repo
fedora.repo
fedora-updates-testing.repo
livna.repo
fedora-devel.repo
fedora-extras.repo
fedora-updates.repo
freshrpms.repo

But this did not have mail-notification-evolution. To get this to work
on FC4 you need to install from source, if you can get it to compile. So
far I can get through ./configure with evolution enabled, but I cannot
get through make. Right now I'm stuck.

I tried but I didn't get it compiled because I didn't get all depencies resolved... :(

HTH. Good luck.

James