Re: [Evolution] new mail notify applet? Where?

Am Mittwoch, den 18.01.2006, 08:50 -0500 schrieb James Pifer:
> I know you mentioned you didn't want mail-notify already but have you
> really looked into it?  It doesn't "check your mail" a second time
> around (necessarily) - you can set it to look at your evolution folders
> instead of checking for mail.  That way it lets you know when the mail
> has arrived according to evolution, but without actually making a pop or
> imap connection itself.
>
> It is available at http://www.nongnu.org/mailnotify/ for those
> interested.
>
> HTH,

I also looked at several mail notification programs and had a similar
dislike to them as the OP. I've installed the one you suggested and it
does look like it might fit the bill. I installed it using yum so the
version is mail-notification 2.0-2.fc4.

how did you get it installed with yum? I didn't get it so far :(
Thank you!

Can you elaborate a little bit on your setup? I'm having some trouble
getting it to work correctly. I have Evolution 2.2.3. I pointed mail-
notification to my mail file
at /home/username/.evolution/mail/local/Inbox

mail-notification loads ok, but says there are 9 new messages. Only one
message appears to be accurate, and none of them are unread. I do have 9
messages in my Inbox in Evolution, but they do not match what mail-
notification is showing me.

I believe I'm specifiying the right mailbox. If I get a new message, or
delete a message, it appears that these files are the ones that are
updated. As a matter of fact I expunged the mailbox and 'Inbox' got a
great deal smaller.

What am I missing? Obviously this is better for a mail-notification
mailing list, but if anyone has input I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
James