Re: [Evolution] Palms and Evolution

On lun, 2006-01-09 at 12:07 +0100, Erik Slagter wrote:
On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 03:27 -0700, Veerapuram Varadhan wrote:

Install gnome-pilot, evolution and evolution-pilot package. Run
evolution, and choose Edit->"Synchronization Option".  Configure your
device and conduits.  Press hotsync button and you are done.

That would be the way, BUT gnome-pilot support for palm has been broken
for over a year now and nobody seems to care.

the poor status of this sync stuff as amazed me as well. Could it be
that all Linux users have switched to Windows Mobile and Outlook ?

or maybe back to paper agendas ?

On my side, I still find the Palm much better than any of these Windows
devices. They eat battery in less than one day, and are completely
closed. When you find bugs (eg SSL certs handling), you get no patch,
only a "update-to-latest-os-version" recommendation, which means you
have to buy new hardware.

I have started to use my Palm as reference, and use Perl scripts to
"push" infos to other devices (Evolution, my home ISDN phone, etc). It
would be nice to get sync with evo, but I think nobody will do it
anymore. I see a possible future with KDE/kontact and the new project
they have started. But it will take another year to get code....

Charles