Re: [Evolution] Re: junk filtering

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 12:06 +0100, Erik Slagter wrote:
On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 15:31 +0530, Parthasarathi Susarla wrote:
The problem is when you want to use it to learn ham. Apparently it was
not designed for that, it looks like it was designed to undo a previous
"junk"-button-press, because only then something actually happens, being
the bayes database being updated. If you push "not junk" on a random
message, the message doesn't get learned as "ham".

So this is a big issue, currently on HEAD, we have either the "Junk" or
the "Not Junk" button, based on wether the messages has been marked junk
or not. We actually needs to discuss this further. Am CCing Srini for
his comments on this.

Yeah, please. I'd say it would be a major enhancement to evolution to be
able to learn ham as well. Also it looks to me it wouldn't be that hard
to implement.
I would suggest this to go as a enhancement in bugzilla, if it is not
present already and we can do it. Once that is done, I can enable the
'Not Junk' button in the toolbar for learning. The later part is pretty
simple and was removed to save some real-estate in toolbar.