Re: [Evolution] first time set up / sending mail

On 23 Feb 2006, at 20:15, Brock Inglehart wrote:

Switching from web mail to Evolution.

Went through set up wizard. Have confirmed with ISP that all POP and SMTP server addresses are correct. I have boxes checked for "server requires authentication" and "remember password" and all other info filled in. Wizard said I was done.

I can receive mail fine. When I send mail I get a request for a password. I enter the only password I use anywhere and it doesn't take it....

Are you sure your ISP requires authentication when sending mail? None of the ISPs I've ever been with has required authentication for sending via SMTP, only when receiving.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Team